Thursday, April 3, 2014

New Top and Bag

I have been sick for almost two weeks.  Which put me way behind on the sewing schedule.  Managed to whip up, take a whole day to, make a muslin and then an actual wearable Tiny Pocket Tank by Grainline.  It was a little more challenging than expected.  Had to play around with a muslin and different fabric for draping and sizing to get the look I was going for.  I love this gauze type fabric I   picked up from Textile Fabric store last year.  I also cut out the Moss mini skirt pattern but there was no way I would be able to get that sucker banged out in any hurry.  That one will have to wait a few days.




Then I decided to make a little quilted cover for my book.  No pattern, just winged it.  Love how this turned out.  Now all I have to do is actually take the time to read it.





So, I will throw it in here when I head to the beach.  This I made today.  I am in love with the sea horse fabric.  The bag pattern is the Hampton Weekend Bag by V and Co.  I adjusted the measurements a bit to accommodate a few towels as well as my book and other beachy things.  Particularly proud of the professional looking hardware that I purchased on line from New York and the little zipper gizzy I made.



Ok.  All ready to to pack this baby up and read, relax and recover!  Have a great weekend!

1 comment: