Sunday, March 23, 2014

Keeping The Groove...

....or at least I've been trying to keep the creative groove going!  As previously mentioned we have been on the road so much my head has been spinning.  It's all good, but not not so good for sewing, painting, blogging etc.  The last two days have been spent mostly on the couch and in bed trying to beat some sort of bug.  Today was a new day though.  A new day at home.  A new day to sew.  A new day to paint.  A new day to try and do everything at once.  Lol.  Here's what I did manage to work on.


Whipped up these cute little owl print rice and lavender bags last night.  They smell just dreamy and were oh so lovely all warmed up and resting on my sore body.

I also made a couple travel pouches before we left for our last trip.  They turned out really nice and were a cinch to make.





 The pattern for both of these projects came from the book Simple Sewing by Katie Lewis.  This book is great.  I've been sewing for years and I still love to pick up a little inspiration along the way.  It's nice to do some 'simple' sewing every now and then.  I love to design and create, but sometimes I just want to follow a quick pattern and not have to think!  The only changes I made to the two patterns were to add some lavender to the rice bags and I used snaps for one of the travel trays instead of ribbons.  Simple.  Cute.  Useful.



Today I painted.  Just like a kid.  It was wonderful.  Actually, I needed to get back in the groove since it's been a looong while since I've picked up a brush.  These little guys will be made into bean bags to hold down our beach blanket at the ocean.  It gets pretty breezy out there and ultimately the bags and shoes we put down on the corners get moved, used and shifted.  Hope this will take care of that.






Feels good to be back in the groove.  Working on new bags for the shop and a few shows coming up.  Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment