Tuesday, October 2, 2012

"Bloom Where You Are Planted"

Not sure who I am quoting here but I've been thinking about this for a while now. Personally I do not have a green thumb, so that leaves me questioning the actual probability of a saying like this. I have moved so many times in the last twelve years it borders on the ridiculous. Eight to be exact. It makes me wonder if blooming is even possible, especially for someone like me who isn't exactly a spring chicken. How can something bloom that has been uprooted so may times? But, I can't help believe there is a truth to it somehow. This past week has been a challenge with learning from my creative business course, trying my hand at painting again, and seemingly going nowhere with either. After a sorry attempt at painting my own art onto canvas for my bags, I went back to what I knew. And look what popped up. Or "bloomed" if you like. Not sure what this proves, if anything, but even though its fall here, I'll take the strange blooming process of things. Even if it is only a single bloom. For now... :)

6 comments:

  1. OOh-I Love what bloomed!! As a fellow flyer (thanks for visiting my blog) wanted you to know that I love your blog design-love the colors and your blog header! Lost a fight with my blog header and decided to skip it for a while :) See you in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are beautiful! Are they scarves? I was just watching a video the other day on using ink dies on silk scarves. It was very neat like painting on material. It was a Tim Holts video. I like the orange background! Looks like you make purses :) I like them. The best thing about the class is that you can look at it later. So take your time and don't fret. It's a all a natural process to be stuck in some parts and fly in others. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog. Hoping I can find a few minutes this evening to explore yours. I love, love, love, your background. It all has a very nice appearance. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very, very talented! Sometimes when we let go the best stuff finds us! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also in Fall there are deep transformation and rebirth.
    It seems you're just experimenting them!
    Happy to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much ladies :) I am truly grateful for the course and the opportunity it has brought to meet you. Xoxo Shelly

    ReplyDelete